Methamphetamine Testing Services
Our methamphetamine testing options include individual sample analysis as well as composite testing options for lower cost initial screening of properties. All testing is ISO 17025 accredited by IANZ. NIOSH 9111 compliant sampling kits are provided as part of the test price.
- Fast turnaround time is standard for all samples. Results are reported on the working day after samples arrive, as long as samples are at the laboratory by 10.30 am
- A same day testing service is available by prior arrangement, for a modest premium to the normal testing price. Samples should be at the laboratory by 9.00 am
- Responsive and friendly service from our well informed staff, with back up available from technical experts (including a member of the Standards NZ Review Committee).
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE:
Analytica Laboratories is NOT involved in sample collection, but does provide NIOSH 9111 compliant test kits as part of the test cost. Follow the 'Find A Sampling Service' link on the right of this page to see a list of sampling organisations in regions around New Zealand.
Individual Sample Analysis
For results from individual sampling locations that are compliant with NIOSH 9111 and able to be used for decision making about remediation and decontamination.
- Analysis of individual wipes, with a detection limit of 0.02 ug/sample.
Lab Composite Analysis
A screening option, which allows for an initial lower cost of testing multiple samples as a composite sample, while retaining the ability to test samples individually if needed without any further sampling.
- Individual wipe samples are collected by the sampler, and are extracted separately by the lab. However, instead of testing individually, a sub-sample of the individual extracts are combined into a composite sample for analysis.
- We can do up to 10 samples per lab composite.
- Sample extracts are retained for 3 weeks, and can be tested individually (on request) if a high composite analysis result means this is a preferred course of action.
- Detection limit is 0.02 ug/sample.
Field Composite Analysis
The lowest cost screening option, which allows for samples collected from multiple locations to be tested as a single sample. A return sampling visit is needed to collect individual samples if there is a high Field Composite test result.
- Up to 5 wipes are placed in a single sample tube for analysis.
- The result represents the total from all wipes in the composite.
- Our field composite analysis kits come with two tubes. One has 5 individual wipes allowing for a sampling process that follows the NIOSH 9111 method. Once samples are taken the second tube is available to locate the samples, this makes it easy to retrieve subsequent unused wipes from the initial tube.
- We also have an option to do a Laboratory composite analysis on two Field composite sample tubes (please contact us for further information on this option)
- Detection limit is 0.04 ug/sample.
Other Sampling Options For Methamphetamine Analysis*
We can also analyse materials like insulation, carpet and soft furnishings as well as soil, water, dust and paint flakes for methamphetamine.
- Contact us with any questions about how to submit samples.
Lead, Mercury, And Other Heavy Metals/Elements*
Samples collected using ghost wipes or filters are able to be analysed by ICP-MS for lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), or other heavy metals or elements of interest.
- Sampling kits containing ghost wipes for surface sampling are available on request.